[LITMUS^RT] Kernel Error

lambros bersentes lambrosbersentes118 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 31 20:04:29 CET 2016

Hi all,

Thanks Bjorn for your reply.

Well , i followed the instructions for installing the kernel first with following commands :

1. make menuconfig
2. make bzImage
3. make modules

What i find pretty peculiar is that after the installation of the modules i had to create manually following folders:
/proc/litmus and /dev/litmus which i placed under liblitmus folder.

My question is , am I supposed to do that or during the installation procedure these 2 folders should have been constructed automatically.

? do have this file structure as you suggested in your email but i still get errors running some tools under liblitmus.

Trying for example to run a task with the command rtspin 10 100 4  I get following error :

init_kernel_iface: cannot open LITMUS^RT control page (No such file or directory)
could not setup rt task params: Function not implemented

My device has following kernel:

uname --all

Linux labros-Qosmio-F60 4.4.0-57-generic #78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 9 23:50:32 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I installed all the folders (rt_linux, liblitmus , ft-tools) under Desktop.

How can I use the tools under liblitmus and ft-tools without having these incompatibilities?

Thanks in advance,
Lampros