[LITMUS^RT] Kernel Compilation Error on ODROID-XU4

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Mon Jan 30 13:29:57 CET 2017

> On 30 Jan 2017, at 11:48, THIHA KYAW <thihakyaw.job at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I tried to install litmus-rt on odroid XU4 and the kernel compilation stops at below.
>
> *** No rule to make target 'firmware/mfc_fw.bin', needed by 'firmware/mfc_fw.bin.gen.o'. Stop.
>
> I used ubuntu-16.04-mate-odroid-xu3-20161011.img on Odroid XU4.
>
> Please advise me how I can solve this problem.

Hi Thiha,

this does not look like a LITMUS^RT-specific problem. Since you are using an ARM platform, you cannot just use the mainline LITMUS^RT kernel; you must also integrate the board-specific vendor patches, which can be tricky. Please make sure you can compile a working Linux kernel for your board (with vendor patches) before trying to integrate the LITMUS^RT patches.

Regards,