[LITMUS^RT] LITMUS^RT on v4.9: call for testing

Namhoon Kim namhoonk at cs.unc.edu
Wed Mar 1 08:03:02 CET 2017

I downloaded the wip-port branch and tried to compile for IMX6 processors.
The following compilation error has occurred.

  CHK     include/config/kernel.release
  CHK     include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
  CHK     include/generated/bounds.h
  CHK     include/generated/timeconst.h
  CHK     include/generated/asm-offsets.h
  CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
  CHK     include/generated/compile.h
  CHK     kernel/config_data.h
  CC      litmus/sched_pfp.o
In file included from ./arch/arm/include/asm/uaccess.h:18:0,
                 from ./include/linux/uaccess.h:5,
                 from litmus/sched_pfp.c:26:
./arch/arm/include/asm/domain.h:88:28: error: expected identifier or ‘(’
before ‘&’ token
./arch/arm/include/asm/domain.h:88:28: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘->’ token
In file included from ./include/linux/uaccess.h:5:0,
                 from litmus/sched_pfp.c:26:
./arch/arm/include/asm/uaccess.h: In function ‘uaccess_save_and_enable’:
./arch/arm/include/asm/uaccess.h:61:28: error: expected expression before
‘)’ token
make[1]: *** [litmus/sched_pfp.o] Error 1
make: *** [litmus] Error 2

The compilation environment is:
cross-compiler : arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc version 4.7.3
kernel configuration : default imx_v6_v7 configuration (make
imx_v6_v7_defconfig)

Does anyone compile the wip-port branch for ARM architectures?

Thanks,

Namhoon