[LITMUS^RT] DEMO plugin problems

Matteo Locatelli matteo.locatelli1993 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 11:04:07 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,
using the recently updated guide for the creation of a new Litmus plugin, I
created the DEMO plugin which works correctly except for two things:
1 - when I try to use the release_ts functionality, an error appears saying
"wait_for_ts_release(): Function not implemented"
2 - when I use the st-trace-schedule functionality and run some processes
using rtspin, the amount of bytes written to the traces are smaller then
usual (72 bytes with the DEMO plugin, approximately 4000 bytes with the
PSN-EDF scheduler) and if I try to draw the schedule using the st-draw
functionality, it gives this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/feather-trace-tools/st-draw", line 146, in <module>
    main()
  File "/opt/feather-trace-tools/st-draw", line 136, in main
    sched_trace.draw.render(opts, trace)
  File "/opt/feather-trace-tools/sched_trace/draw.py", line 282, in render
    y   = ypos(task_idx[pid] + 1)
KeyError: 2741

Can someone help me solving these two problems?
Matteo