[LITMUS^RT] Query on Resource Reservation

Antonio Vaz antonio.k.vaz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 21:01:49 CEST 2017

> It’s just a polling server that’s activated sporadically
By "activated sporadically", do you mean, it is activated when a task
arrives?

> Not sure what you mean.
To frame my question better, in polling periodic server, if the task misses
the instance when the server becomes active, it will have to wait 1 full
period until it can be scheduled.
In polling sporadic server, is the server invoked every time a task becomes
ready in it's reservation? What is the worst-case delay a task might
experience?

> If the sporadic polling server was previously inactive, and if no
higher-priority reservation exists, then, yes, the sporadic polling server
will become active and schedule its newly arrived client.
Does this mean that in a single period once a task is scheduled, the
remaining budget is lost?

The parameter param.cpu = rid; assigns the task to the reservation.
Is it possible to change the reservation of a task online? (while the task
is in RT mode)

In the case of table driven scheduling, if there are no tasks ready,
it yields the processor to background tasks.
What if a task is ready just after that? Will the processor be given back
to the table driven scheduler?

Regards,
Antonio

Virus-free.