[LITMUS^RT] Litmus RT and Real-Time transactions

Ricardo Zavaleta rj.zavaleta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 06:11:33 CEST 2017

Hi,

my name is Ricardo Zavaleta and I am enrolled in a Masters in CS program in
Mexico. For my thesis project, I am trying to evaluate the performance of
(soft) real-time database transactions in a real-time operating system. In
some research papers, people use Berkeley DB as their transaction manager
using a memory resident database and run experiments on a regular linux
kernel (e.g. the work of Professor Kyoung-Don Kang). Some other papers
present experiments on top of a real-time operating system like VxWorks
(like the V4DB testbed).

My question is if you are aware of any similar project using Litmus RT as
an operating system to evaluate real-time transactions. Do you think Litmus
RT is a suitable platform for performing this type of experiments or do you
foresee any problems/limitations? Do you know if someone has used Berkeley
DB with Litmus RT in the past?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ricardo