[LITMUS^RT] [Litmus^RT]in Global EDF how to get the best cpu available

sijili s sijili.mec at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 07:20:52 CET 2017

Dear Sir,

As part of my PG, I am doing a project on real-time schedulers with
Litmus-RT as the experimental platform.

I have some doubts regarding an implementation in Global Edf schedulers.
I want to search all the available CPUs and find the best one among them
based on a criteria. According to my understanding, at present GSN_EDF uses
the most recent used CPU for scheduling the released task.

If we need to search all the CPUs with their current status, where or in
which module should I implement this operation. As I am new to Linux Kernel
coding I am really stuck here.

Sincerely,

Sijili Sandeep.