[LITMUS^RT] Questions abiut rt_launch

Ashraf E. Suyyagh mrsuyyagh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 03:29:20 CET 2018

Hi,

I have a couple of question and would like your help:

I am trying to use *rt_launch *to execute a set of compiled binaries of
embedded benchmarks. In previous research, the WCET of these binaries has
been estimated and periods assigned.

1. As it seems, launching these binaries using *rt_launch *only launches
each one of them once. Whereas, the desired result is that these binaries
be periodic similar to what is being done using rtspin*. *Am I missing
something? Is there a technique where I can have my binaries run
periodically using rt_launch. I consulted the documentation and there is no
help there.

2. Also, I am trying to draw the trace of my binaries. Even when they run
once. Tracing does not work. It works perfectly with rtspin. It seems as if
nothing is being recorded. I followed the same technique to record and draw
a trace for both rtspin and rt_launch.

Thank you,
Ashraf
McGill University