[LITMUS^RT] How to add maths function in scheduler module

Andrea Bastoni bastoni at sprg.uniroma2.it
Wed Jan 31 21:23:53 CET 2018

Hi Sijili,

On 01/31/18 06:09, sijili s wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my scheduler module when I added a simple subtraction to find the remaining
> execution time , error message comes while compiling, " SSE return register with
> SSE disabled. " for the maths function.
>
> Please do let me know how to remove this or enable SSE register.

Please note that this question is not specific to Litmus, and you may find best
support and answer on other forums than this ML.

You're most likely trying to use double or floating point arithmetic (e.g., you
have declared the operand double). The compiler tries to emit floating operands,
and you have in your CFLAGS (standard by the kernel) no SSE/FPU support.

Floating point ops are hardly needed in kernel context. Perhaps you can use a
different logic.

BR,
Andrea