[LITMUS^RT] Base_task when executed does not give the correct debug output as rtspin does

Susan S susanrosethomas2001 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 09:31:49 CET 2018

Hi,

I am new to litmus-rt. I am trying to study the flow of the GSN-EDF , so
analyzed the rtspin output using the debug file by using command "cat
/dev/litmus/log > debug.txt &".

This debug.txt of rtspin gives the correct flow of gsnedf scheduler.But
when i wrote a job in base_task and executed the output debug file doesnot
contain the contents as for rtspin.

I want to know if only rtspin can be used for testing the scheduler
functions or is there any other method by which I can test my application
program with the litmus-rt schedulers.

Since there is limited help from my institute please do guide me how to
test a simple program and verify its output for different schedulers.

Thank you,
Susan Rose.