[LITMUS^RT] Litmus-RT: `release_ts` bug (and fix?)

Julian Druzdzel j.druzdzel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 23:41:14 CEST 2018

Hello,

I am attempting to implement a lottery scheduler with Litmus-RT (I know, I
know, RT means real-time, and lottery isn't RT-savvy...) but was running
into an unexpected error with little to no documentation or fixes that also
affects the DEMO scheduler.

When the set schedule is either my LOTTERY scheduler or the DEMO scheduler,
attempting to test batch release of many jobs (queuing with `rt_launch -w
<...> &`) with `release_ts` would error out, stating
"wait_for_ts_release(): function not implemented". The other example
schedulers do not have this error to my knowledge.

I do not understand why, but I fixed this error with the DEMO scheduler by
adding a line present in all other example scheduler plugin structs:
".complete_job = complete_job,".

This, however, does not fix my scheduler, but was hoping for some insight
into *why* this fixes the DEMO scheduler's batch RT job releasing so that I
may get a hint as to how to fix batch job releasing for my scheduler.

Thank you for your time,
Julian Druzdzel