[LITMUS^RT] Question about spin-based FMLP

Shabnam Tabatabaian shabnam.tabatabaian at tu-dortmund.de
Tue May 29 14:18:32 CEST 2018

Hi friends

Does anyone know, how I can run rtspin task using "spin"-based FMLP
locking Protocol?

Infact, when I run these commands in litmus-rt,:
./rtspin -p 0 -X FMLP -L 2 -w 5 10 5 &
./rtspin -p 0 -X FMLP  -w 2 11 5 &
./rtspin -p 1 -X FMLP -L 3 -w 6 12 5 &
./release_ts
it acts like a suspension-based locking protocol, while I need spin-based
version of FMLP.
As I read in the Björn Brandenburg's paper "Real-Time Synchronization on
Multiprocessors: To Block or Not to Block, to Suspend or Spin?", they used
already the spin-based FMLP practically in litmus-rt for their testing, so
it means that it is possible to use spin-based FMLP, but unfortunatly I
couldn't find out how!!!!!

I will be appreciated, if someone can help me about this issue.

Many thanks in advance,
Shabnam Tabatabaian