[LITMUS^RT] -S[FILE] parameter in ./rtspin command

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Mon Jul 6 11:32:05 CEST 2020

On 5. Jul 2020, at 19:00, Marov Gazaal <adamagaghz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all. Thank you for your help every time. I want to do some experiments on global scheduling policies with "sporadic tasks". I use "./rtspin" command to generate RT-tasks. I revised the help list of that command, and I saw that there is a parameter used to deal with sporadic tasks and releases it ("-S[FILE]"). Actually, I tried to use it by making some code in "base_task.c" file (which is located in the path: /Liblitmus/bin /base_task.c) and entered the full path of that file in the place of "FILE" parameter in "./rtspin" command, but an error has been occured says: no such file or directory..... and another information, as the attached picture depicts below.
>
> I ask, if you do not mind, is there something wrong in entering the path or another something else?
>
> Thank you for your efforts.
>
> Marouf Ghazal
> MSc student - Tishreen University

Dear Marouf,

thanks for your interest in LITMUS^RT. The LITMUS^RT project is aimed at an expert audience. To be honest, your questions are a bit too basic for this mailing list. Since everything related to LITMUS^RT is open-source, I would suggest you simply read the source code of the relevant tools whenever you find that the available documentation does not satisfactorily answer your questions. The code should be pretty clear. Once you understand what the tools actually do, if you are still running into issues then, please feel free to post bug reports here.

Best regards,