[LITMUS^RT] Errors when trying to detect I²C on Raspberry Pi

Joshua Bakita jbakita at cs.unc.edu
Wed Jul 7 03:01:43 CEST 2021

Hello Erick,

I can't think of anything related to LITMUS^RT that could be causing
problems. The modprobe error seems to indicate that something isn't right
with your install of the kernel modules. One quick workaround is to just
build in the i2c-bcm2708 driver into your kernel rather than as a module.
To do this, open your kernel .config file, change CONFIG_I2C_BCM2708=m to
CONFIG_I2C_BCM2708=y, save, and repeat the following steps to rebuild and
install the kernel.

Best,

Joshua Bakita
PhD Student | Real-Time Systems | UNC Chapel Hill