[LITMUS^RT] Errors when trying to detect I²C on Raspberry Pi

Marov Gazaal adamagaghz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 10:46:26 CEST 2021

Hello Erick, I think Jushoa meant to re-enter to the .config of litmus-rt
using "make menuconfig" command and set the I2C configurations. I searched
for this inside .config file and I found the path below which may help you:
"Device Drivers" then "I2C support" then " I2C Hardware support".
Or:
Device Drivers" then "Multifunction device drivers".
I should to tell you I am not expert on this, but I used the first path
once to appear the I2C ports, so I supposed it may help you.

Regard,
Marouf
MSC student, Tishreen university.

في الخميس، ٨ يوليو ٢٠٢١ ٦:٢٩ ص Erick Oduniyi <eeoduniyi at gmail.com> كتب:

> Joshua!
>
> I am not sure where the kernel config file you're specifying is located (I
> don't think you mean config.txt or the .config folder):
> [image: Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.51.45 PM (2).png]
> Again, I followed this tutorial for installing LITMUS^RT on the Pi:
> https://www.litmus-rt.org/doc/litmus-rt-on-raspbian.pdf, which I
> originally thought I followed correctly but now not so much
>
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 8:01 PM Joshua Bakita <jbakita at cs.unc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hello Erick,
>>
>> I can't think of anything related to LITMUS^RT that could be causing
>> problems. The modprobe error seems to indicate that something isn't right
>> with your install of the kernel modules. One quick workaround is to just
>> build in the i2c-bcm2708 driver into your kernel rather than as a module.
>> To do this, open your kernel .config file, change CONFIG_I2C_BCM2708=m
>> to CONFIG_I2C_BCM2708=y, save, and repeat the following steps to rebuild
>> and install the kernel.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Joshua Bakita
>> PhD Student | Real-Time Systems | UNC Chapel Hill
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 3, 2021 at 6:36 PM Erick Oduniyi <eeoduniyi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I am trying to enable i2c on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ running
>>> 4.9.80-v7-litmus+ so that I can move a hobby servo; however, I have not
>>> detected the i2c interfaces.
>>>
>>> I have enabled i2c through raspi-config and checked to see that the
>>> relevant lines within /boot/config.txt were uncommented. I have even tried
>>> to add the modules manually but still no progress:
>>>
>>> [image: Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 4.34.14 PM.png]
>>>
>>> Using a non-Litmus Raspbian OS I can correctly detect and operate the
>>> servo:
>>> [image: Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 3.41.15 PM.png]
>>>
>>> So, could something about the Litmus extension be blocking the i2c
>>> modules? If so, how should I go about getting the interface working again?
>>> Any guidance/help would be much appreciated!
>>>
>>> For reference, I used the guide:
>>> https://www.litmus-rt.org/doc/litmus-rt-on-raspbian.pdf
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Erick