[LITMUS^RT] Asking about NP_ENTER and NP_EXIT information appeared using st-dump command

Marov Gazaal adamagaghz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 01:28:54 CEST 2021

Hello all. Thank you for your help every time. I would like to ask about
"./st-dump" command. I used GSN-EDF policy(which takes non-preemptive
sections into account), I extracted job stats and overheads. When I revised
your documentation for Sched_Trace stats, I found the command "./st-dump"
which gives more readable information about jobs states. I have read the
source code about st-dump command and then util.c file too. I tried that
command like:"./st-dump *.bin > gsnedf1.csv", and the file is created. I
searched about NP_ENTER and NP_EXIT non-preemptive states inside the file,
but I did not found any information about both states, but other states
were appeared. I used task sets with variety of loads.
My question here is: as long as I used GSN-EDF policy which takes
np-sections into account, weren't it necessary to show up both states?
I used gsn-edf without any modifications, just as was it built and in
LITMUS menuconfig the np-section is enabled. I don't know if there is
something wrong about that.
I ask for some help if you do not mind. Thank you for your efforts.
with regards,
Marouf