[LITMUS^RT] Questions about ft_trace

Hang Su hsu at cs.utsa.edu
Tue Feb 14 05:20:23 CET 2012

Hi all:

LITMUS is new to me. After I installed LITMUS under Oracle Virtual Box on
my Thinkpad x200, it seems that I can not find ft_trace device under
/dev/litmus/. Only three devices can be seen under /dev/litmus:
ctrl log sched_trace0
How could I load a module to create ft_trace device ?

Another question is about sched_trace buffer. As said in Tracing and
Logging tutorial, sched_trace is a per-"processor" buffer. The upbound
number after sched_trace is  given by num_online_cpus(). My CPU is Intel
P8600 duo core processors. It is supposed to be two sched_trace buffer. But
why do i have only one sched_trace buffer under /dev/litmus ?  it is
because i install LITMUS on virtual machine instead of directly on real
machine?

Thanks