[LITMUS^RT] Questions about ft_trace

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Tue Feb 14 05:46:35 CET 2012

Hi Hang Su,

WIth regards to ft_trace, please confirm that CONFIG_SCHED_OVERHEAD_TRACE=y in your .config.

With respect to the number of CPUs, is your virtual machine configured to run with two CPUs?  If so, what CONFIG_NR_CPUS set to in your .config?

Please note that we recommend using Litmus in a virtual machine only for development/debug purposes.  We've found that the time accounting mechanisms in virtual machines are not accurate enough for real-time performance.

Glad that you're trying Litmus out!

-Glenn