[LITMUS^RT] Questions about ft_trace

Hang Su hsu at cs.utsa.edu
Tue Feb 14 06:18:36 CET 2012

Hi Glenn:

Thanks for your quick reply.

First I want to confirm the .config you mentioned is supposed to be located
under /litmus-rt, in which arch, litmus and other main linux directory
reside.  Is that right ?  If so, CONFIG_SCHED_OVERHEAD_TRACE is not set in
.config. It means I have to recompile Litmus kernel by marking
CONFIG_SCHED_OVERHEAD_TRACE item after issuing make menuconfig.

The result of cat /proc/cpuinfo under virtual machine shows only one
processor in my computer, which is different from the one under my real
machine. Probably, I do not allow virtual machine to use two cpus.
CONFIG_NR_CPUS is 8 in my .config. It does not make sense. I do not have so
many cpus. What does    it exactly stand for ?

Thanks