[LITMUS^RT] Questions about header files in linux kernel

Hang Su hangsu.cs at gmail.com
Sat May 12 00:59:14 CEST 2012

Hi all:

I am wondering how to establish the map between a declaration of function
in header file and its implementation in .c file. For example,
sched_init(void) is declared at /include/linux/sched.h as: *extern void
sched_init(void) *;

and is implemented at /kernel/sched.c. How is it mapped ? by name ?

If i want to write my own function A() and it is declared
at /include/linux/sched.h, A() is implemented at kernel/my_function.c. How
do I establish this relationship to make other guys who include
<linux/sched.h> can call A().

Thanks.