[LITMUS^RT] Tegra3 DevKit finally available

Felipe Cerqueira felipeqcerqueira at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 12:24:57 CEST 2012

Hi Glenn,

We were planning to buy a CARMA DevKit here at MPI-SWS.
The only problem about the NVidia Tegra 3 is that besides the 4
processors in the chip, there is a 5-th energy-saving processor, which
is automatically handled by the underlying hardware.
I'm not sure, but I think the 5-th processor is invisible to the
kernel, which would be a problem for normal schedulability
experiments, for example.

I had sent an email for that SECO Company and they replied me with a
Nvidia's white paper with simple details about the processors, but
none about how to turn off the core.

Thanks,
Felipe