[LITMUS^RT] Handling aperiodic tasks

Jonathan Herman hermanjl at cs.unc.edu
Thu Nov 15 16:38:30 CET 2012

Hi John,

Have you considered using the "phase" parameter to rtspin? This specifies a
delay for the first release of an rtspin process. You could start a ton of
rtspin processes with random phases over some test interval (say 20
seconds), call release_ts,  and the tasks would join the system at random
points over those 20 secons.

--
Jonathan Herman
Department of Computer Science at UNC Chapel Hill