[LITMUS^RT] prop/edf-early-release

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Wed Mar 6 19:37:38 CET 2013

On Mar 6, 2013, at 11:45 AM, Jonathan Herman <hermanjl at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> Distinguishing between sporadic, periodic, and early release tasks has also been an issue in my plugins. I have usually been forced to assume periodic, but inevitably someone wants to see early release results in the graphs. Thumbs up.
>
> The task wake_up code in a few of the plugins assumes a sporadic model. This code would also have to be changed for full periodic support.

I pushed another patch to the prop/edf-early-release branch to include Jonathan's requested changes for full periodic support.  Note that periodic jobs MUST end with sys_complete_job()---comments are included to that effect.  SPORADIC has also been made the default release behavior, maintaining Litmus's current functionality.

-Glenn