[LITMUS^RT] Right size for scheduling trace buffer

Youcef Amine Benabbas s9yobena at stud.uni-saarland.de
Thu Apr 18 17:33:17 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I know that the size of the scheduling trace buffer is workload
dependent, however, I am having problems getting the right size for my
workload so as to avoid missing scheduling trace information.

In particular, I chose the largest possible shift value (13), still, I
am missing some traces.

I am running experiments on a 24 core machine, with tasks whose
utilization and period are randomly drawn from [0.1,0.3) and
[10ms,100ms), respectively.

Did any one try a workload/trace-buffer-configuration  that is known to
incur no scheduling trace misses(I know it is easy to get this correct
for less than 4 cpus, but it would be interesting to get this correct
for >16 cpus)?

Regards,
Youcef