[LITMUS^RT] new patches and new branch

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Thu Jun 27 13:50:02 CEST 2013

On Jun 26, 2013, at 5:33 PM, Björn Brandenburg <bbb at mpi-sws.org> wrote:

> On Jun 25, 2013, at 9:54 AM, Björn Brandenburg <bbb at mpi-sws.org> wrote:
>
>> Further, there's a new branch called  'rebased-3.0'.
>>
>> 	https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/commits/rebased-3.0
>>
>> This branch contains the same features / patches as staging, but has been rebased cleanly on top of v3.0 (based on an earlier patch series by Felipe). This is the first step towards porting LITMUS^RT to a new kernel version, and eventually to PREEMPT_RT. Please check it out if you have some time.
>
> Continuing the porting preparations, I have squashed virtually all of the recent commits into the clean "based on 3.0" history. The result is here:
>
> 	https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/commits/rebased-3.0-squashed
>
> Content-wise, this branch is virtually identical to the rebased-3.0 branch (and hence the current staging branch), but it contains are fewer commits and thus is easier to port.

A quick update on the porting effort: there's now a branch called rebased-3.10, which is based on 3.10-rc7 and which includes most, but not all, of the LITMUS^RT commits.

	https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/commits/rebased-3.10

A lot of adjustment was needed, but the branch now compiles fine with all LITMUS^RT options enabled. However, the integration with the scheduler is still missing. That is, to actually get a functioning kernel out of it, we still need to port the following patch.

	https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/commit/ee9edc47682a0168d6aa2985f9a708b3c73e878d

It's on my todo list, but I probably won't get to it in the coming days and would appreciate any help I can get. If someone would like to take a stab at cherry-picking / porting ee9edc47682a0168d6aa2985f9a708b3c73e878d into rebased-3.10, please go ahead.