[LITMUS^RT] Priority per processor

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Sat Sep 7 13:36:30 CEST 2013

On Sep 7, 2013, at 1:44 AM, Mehdi <mehdi.souihed at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently doing a project involving an experimental protocol for Multiprocessor Scheduling.
>
> The new protocol is based on the Priority Ceiling Protocol.
>
> I was wondering if you could help me out guys in answering that question : Using Litmus plugin system (schedulers), it is possible to assign a priority per processor to a thread ? That is if there are 4 processors, the thread's affinity being set to use all processors, can we have 4 different priorities for that thread ?

Dear Mehdi,

thanks for your interest in LITMUS^RT. None of the current plugins currently supports this, but it wouldn't be difficult to come up with a plugin that does. For instance, you could easily hack the P-FP plugin to support some kind of thread migration where you change the priority on every migration.

Best regards,