[LITMUS^RT] The Newest Litmus-rt Installation Problem

Lily just4thin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 11:38:35 CEST 2013

Dear litmus-rt developers:

I'm new to Litmus-rt and I am just beginning to get started, but I
encountered some problems during installing the litmus-rt. I downloaded the
most recently version of litmus-rt, 2013.1, and followed the installation
instruction provided by wiki web. Somehow after I finished the first step,
and reboot to get into the new kernel, it failed.

My approach:
#cd /usr/src
#tar jxvf linux-3.10.5.tar.bz2
#mv linux-3.10.5 litmus-rt
#cd litmus-rt
#patch -p1 <../litmus-rt-2013.1.patch
#make menuconfig   ///where I chose all litmus options
#make -j8
#make modules_install install

My OS is RHEL 6.0, and I run it in vmware. I've tried to build kernel
without litmus-rt, and it worked successfully. The screen snap is in the
attachment, I was wondering whether this is caused by function init_topology(),
so I posted my CPU information as well.

Hope for your grateful help.

Regards.
Bob Wu