[LITMUS^RT] PFAIR policy

Mihai-Iulian Gheorghe gheorghe at student.chalmers.se
Mon Sep 30 21:40:53 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am new to LITMUS and I am looking for some help. It seems that for some reason I am not able to run RT tasks under PFAIR. This policy is not taken into account.

To be more precise, I have used the provided skeleton to write a real time task (just a dummy, that prints something periodically). The same RT task performs well under the other global scheduling policies and under the partitioned ones (with the note that for these policies, the RT task has been modified to run on a specific core, as required:
param.cpu = CPU;
                be_migrate_to_partition(CPU);
                CALL( set_rt_task_param(gettid(), &param) );  ).

Am I missing something? Please let me know if someone can help me. I am using the latest version of LITMUS - 2013.1. My system: Ubuntu 12.10, kernel version 3.10.5.

Best regards,
---
Mihai Gheorghe