[LITMUS^RT] IPI vs. Cache Affinity

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Fri Oct 4 11:55:19 CEST 2013

On Sep 28, 2013, at 1:23 AM, Glenn Elliott <gelliott at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

>  I certainly appreciate the simplicity of local scheduling.  I will be investigating response times of cache heavy tasks under G-EDF/C-EDF over the next few weeks.  I'll report back if I see any noticeable trade-offs between local-first vs. affinity-first scheduling.

Glenn,

I've pushed two patches to make the local linking optimization optional and to port it to C-EDF.

	https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/commits/prop/local-linking

The patches also fix a bug with release master (first reported & fixed by Felipe).

Please have a look whether these patches meet your requirements. If there are no objections, I'm going to merge them after the RTAS deadline.