[LITMUS^RT] Litmus-rt on Raspberry Pi

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Wed Nov 6 21:55:04 CET 2013

On Nov 6, 2013, at 3:20 PM, Ríad <riad.nassiffe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>      I would like to known if somebody had already compiled the litmus-rt for a raspberry pi device?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> --
> Ríad Mattos Nassiffe

I know that Litmus has been used on several Cortex-A9 implementations and an ARM11 MPCore development board.  We routinely use Litmus on a Tegra3 platform here at UNC.  However, I’m not sure if Litmus will compile “out-of-the-box” for all of these ARM platforms.  I know for at least two of the Cortex-A9 boards, the developers had to take the Linux kernel source code distributed by the board manufacturers and rebase Litmus on top of it—the boards required Linux kernel changes that hadn’t yet appeared in mainline.  However, this situation may have changed when Litmus was rebased on Linux 3.10.5.  There’s no harm in giving it a try!  I’d like to hear if you can get it working on Raspberry Pi and any problems you run into.

-Glenn