[LITMUS^RT] Litmus-rt on Raspberry Pi

Sisu Xi xisisu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 21:59:17 CET 2013

Hi,

I happened looked into this before. Raspberry Pi don't come with the rdtsc,
so the code in Litmus^RT that's related to timing recording will need to be
changed.

See:
http://blog.remibergsma.com/2013/05/12/how-accurately-can-the-raspberry-pi-keep-time/

*Rasberry Pi’s clocksource*
The Raspberry Pi does not ship with a TSC nor HPET counter to use as
clocksource. Instead it relies on the STC that Raspbian presents as a
clocksource. Based on the source code, “STC: a free running counter that
increments at the rate of 1MHz”. This means it increments every microsecond.

Hope this helps.

Hi, Glenn:

For Litmus on Cortex-A9 and ARM11, do you have any reference/publications
to those works?

Thanks.

Sisu

--