[LITMUS^RT] Kernel panic -not syncing : Fatal exception

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Mon Nov 11 14:21:48 CET 2013

Ouch.  Looks like this is a more common problem than we had originally thought.  Unfortunately, we don’t have any platforms at UNC that exhibit this problem, so it is difficult for us to work on a fix directly.  We’ll see if we can replicate the problem in virtualbox.  However, we’d also be happy to accept patches that resolve this problem.  In the meantime, I suggest disabling CONFIG_SCHED_CPU_AFFINITY as a workaround.

-Glenn