[LITMUS^RT] Feather Trace Tool in LITMUS-RT

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Wed Nov 13 10:58:56 CET 2013

Hi John,

what Felipe points out is correct: st_trace only traces real-time tasks. However, launching the script with rt_launch will not work because shell scripts fork of new processes, and real-time status is not inherited across a fork in LITMUS^RT.

If you are looking for a dummy workload to test your tracing setup, checkout rtspin in liblitmus. If you want to script task behavior for testing purposes, use Python, Perl, Lua, or some other scripting language that runs its interpreter as a single process (and launch the interpreter with rt_launch).

- Björn