[LITMUS^RT] Sched trace tool

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Wed Nov 20 23:17:20 CET 2013

On Nov 20, 2013, at 10:14 PM, Glenn Elliott <gelliott at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> I’m afraid not.  This is one reason why it’s not found in the LITMUS^RT github repositories, but rather in B. Brandenburg’s.

This is an unsupported code dump. I'm unfortunately unable to provide tech support for this code due to time constraints. However, as Glenn pointed out, it's actually not that hard to use. If you want to visualize schedules, you'll have to have the Asymptote package installed.

> Suppose you want to write code that finds the response time (release time minus completion time) for every job.  Each job can be uniquely identified by a pid/job number pair.  These fields are found in the st_trace_header struct, which is a part of every sched_trace event.  st_release_data has the job release time.  st_completion_data has the completion time.  Use the st_trace_header in each release/completion to match release events with completion events.

Just FYI: there's a tool called st_job_stats in the repo that extracts response-time distributions (among other stats).

Regards,