[LITMUS^RT] Kernel panic with current Qemu image and kernel's sample configuration file

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Mon Dec 16 08:10:55 CET 2013

On 16 Dec 2013, at 00:11, Pagani, Santiago (IPR) <santiago.pagani at kit.edu> wrote:

> I also tried to compile an unmodifed version of the kernel with its default configuration file, and I then used it with the same Qemu image. I'm getting the same error.

Well, this means it’s a Linux issue unrelated to LITMUS^RT. Not much we can do here, really.

> Could there be a problem in the Qemu image? Or is it a configuration problem before compiling the kernel?

Hard to tell, but it’s probably not the image. I’d try figuring out which configure option caused the code that crashed to be included (on what config option does init_hw_perf_events depend?) and then try disabling it.

- Björn