[LITMUS^RT] recording start real-time task

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Thu Apr 17 00:15:37 CEST 2014

Hi Thijs,

Are you using synchronous releases?  (The ‘-w’ option for rtspin.)  With ‘-w’, rtspin will block until the user execute’s liblitmus’s ‘release_ts’ (“release task set”).  Task set release records a timestamped ’sys_release’ event in sched_trace.  You can then discard any releases/completions that occur before the sys_release timestamp.  I believe this will happen naturally if you tell unit-trace to discard the first job of every task with “-s 1”.

The “experiment-scripts” package (https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/experiment-scripts) can also be used to analyze traces.  However, it also requires you to use its framework to set up experiments (this can take some time if you need to do something out of the ordinary).  The tool currently only gives you information on job deadline misses, tardiness, and the amount of time tasks send blocked.  However, it’s fairly easy to extend parse/sched.py to do other forms of analysis, such as job response time.

-Glenn