[LITMUS^RT] domU crashes (RT-Xen)

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Mon Apr 28 15:02:07 CEST 2014

On 28 Apr 2014, at 14:56, Thijs Raets <thijsraets at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running a virtual machine with 6 VCPU's with the following task set:
> ./rtspin 12 601 120 -w &
> ./rtspin 478 634 120 -w &
> ./rtspin 334 636 120 -w &
> ./rtspin 128 644 120 -w &
> ./rtspin 460 645 120 -w &
> ./rtspin 10 662 120 -w &
> ./rtspin 103 666 120 -w &
> ./rtspin 276 678 120 -w &
> ./rtspin 137 691 120 -w &
>
> When I release this task set, my system crashes. I calculated the MPR interface and 6 VCPUs should be enough. Also /dev/litmus/log does not give me any usable information. I would like to test my virtual machine for real time behavior, so it's ok if deadlines are missed, a crash however is unacceptable. Can anyone help (how can I avoid this behavior or what could be the problem)?

We're happy to help debugging crashes, but you'll need to provide more information. Which scheduler plugin are you using? What do you mean by "crash"? Are you getting a kernel panic? An OOPS? Is a BUG_ON() triggering? Do you have a backtrace? Is it a lock-up?

Also, what do you mean by "usable information"? Are you getting any info at all?

- Björn