[LITMUS^RT] domU crashes (RT-Xen)

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Mon Apr 28 17:34:34 CEST 2014

On 28 Apr 2014, at 16:30, Thijs Raets <thijsraets at gmail.com> wrote:

> But firstly I would like to know if it is normal for Litmus-RT to crash the system when overloaded with RT tasks?

As Glenn already said, the system should definitely not crash under overload. It will definitely become unresponsive as real-time tasks starve all background activity (such as your shell...), but it should not panic or oops.

However, under overload you may observe uncommon timings and thus trigger latent race conditions. I'm interested in tracking those down. Let's start by figuring out what "crash" you are seeing. Do you have a screenshot of the crash? A log leading up to the crash would be even better. You may obtain one using the method that Glenn explained.