[LITMUS^RT] domU crashes (RT-Xen)

Sisu Xi xisisu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:22:34 CEST 2014

Hi, Thijs:

For our paper, we installed 64bit Ubuntu 12.04 as Dom0, Xen version is 4.3
(on github).
For guest domain, we use Linux 3.0 with corresponding Litmus patch. It runs
ok without problem.

A quick way to test is switch to Xen default credit scheduler, and see if
the guest domain still crashes. If not, then it is RT-Xen's problem. Please
attach the xl dmesg information in this case.

Also, I noticed you are using rtspin for the workload. As I remembered,
rtspin would scale the workload. For example, if a VCPU with budget of 5
and period of 10, and you run a rtspin with wcet of 5 and period of 10.
When you use xentop to see the actual workload, it is 5/10 * 5/10 = 0.25.
In our experiment, we use the base_task.c provided by litmus.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Sisu

--