[LITMUS^RT] Posting code on LITMUS^RT wiki

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Tue May 27 19:22:55 CEST 2014

> On 27.05.2014, at 19:11, Glenn Elliott <gelliott at cs.unc.edu> wrote:
>

>> On May 26, 2014, at 3:29 AM, Björn Brandenburg <bbb at mpi-sws.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 22 May 2014, at 22:33, Namhoon Kim <namhoonk at cs.unc.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Jeremy and I submitted a paper related to LITMUS^RT. So, I want to post our code and the paper on Publications page (https://wiki.litmus-rt.org/litmus/Publications). I created an account, but I still cannot see Edit button on the page. How can I add a new paper and code on that page?
>>
>> Someone needs to add your account to the writer ACL.
>>
>>    https://wiki.litmus-rt.org/litmus/WriteUsersGroup
>>
>> Glenn or Bryan can do that.
>>
>> - Björn
>
> I’m not really sure how to do this.  The MoinMoin wiki documentation seems to imply that for system-wide configuration, I need to edit a .py file.  Looking at the “edit” view of the WriteUsersGroup, I see that access is granted to cschmitt and bbb.  My username is not listed, so I guess my account appears in the *.py file.
>
> Namhoon, I can make the edits for you.  Just give me the text you want posted and links to papers and patches.

Have you tried editing the ACL page? It's supposed to work. If it doesn't, I'll bug our IT staff to fix it. I certainly don't want to be a "gatekeeper" for the wiki. Due to the massive spam we got in the past we had to lock it down so that human authorization for new accounts is required, but I'd like any existing account to be able to authorize any new account.

Please try again and ping me if you can't edit the ACL page.