[LITMUS^RT] query regarding working of litmus-rt example

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Thu Jun 19 13:03:43 CEST 2014

On 18 Jun 2014, at 08:20, Kushal Srivastava <s.kushal at iitg.ernet.in> wrote:

> 1.while executing base_task executable file,iam getting following results
>         init_litmus() ok.
>         set_rt_task_param(gettid(), &param) ok.
>         task_mode(LITMUS_RT_TASK) ok.
>  after this what input should i give so that it execution is completed.

What do you mean by this? base_task.c itself doesn't do anything; it just shows what a basic real-time task looks like. It's a template to kickstart your own development.

> 2.how to generate synthetic tasks which could be tested using the
> litmus-rt testbed.we need to test those task against a set of parameters.

There are potentially many ways of doing this. Our preferred way of doing this is described in the papers listed on the publications page.

> I am unable to fully comprehend how to go about using the api's.

Sorry, but you'll need to ask more specific questions to get useful feedback.

> how to generate executables for base_task.c (compiling base_task.c as it
> is using gcc is giving several undefined refernces errors )and am unable
> to generate output file after making changes to it.

There should not be any compilation errors if you run 'make'. If the build system is broken, please report the errors on the mailing list.

- Björn