[LITMUS^RT] LITMUS-RT kernel configuration for ARM

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Sat Jun 21 10:28:49 CEST 2014

On 21 Jun 2014, at 01:14, Sanjib Das <cnt.sanjib at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
> As I found that the the latest ARM patch version is patch-2.6.0-test9-rmk1.gz

You are looking at outdated information. Mainline Linux supports ARM just fine.

> As I am planing to compile LITMUS-RT for ARM also make a qcow2 img for QEMU, is this a good idea to continue with current version ?
>
> Requesting suggestions and thanks in advance .

The current version of LITMUS^RT should work on ARM devices. The syscall definitions etc. are all in place. However, ARM systems typically require more skill to everything working than x86 hosts, and LITMUS^RT receives much less testing on ARM than on x86, so if something doesn’t work as expected be prepared to spend some time debugging.

- Björn