[LITMUS^RT] need help on linking user space

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Mon Aug 4 23:18:19 CEST 2014

On Aug 4, 2014, at 5:06 PM, gokul vasan <gokulvas at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> I am trying to bring up Litmus-rt for testing and analysing joint-scheduling algorithm, I am trying to build it on ubuntu 12.04 KVM.
>
> I was trying to create a basic userspace which i can use to test my scheduling , but i am not finding a clear solution for this, Should i write my own init and configure my whole user-space or is there any short cut for this?
>
> please help me on this as i am not able to progress because of the lack of this understanding.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Gokul Vasan

Hi Gokul,

We have a userspace set of APIs called liblitmus.  It is on github here: https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/liblitmus

The repository also includes sample applications and tools.  To compile, make sure that liblitmus/ and litmus-rt/ are in the same shared directory.  You may also want to read some of the documentation in the Litmus wiki: https://wiki.litmus-rt.org/litmus/

Thank you for your interest in Litmus!

-Glenn