[LITMUS^RT] [starting LITMUS]

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Thu May 28 13:09:57 CEST 2015

On 28 May 2015, at 12:56, Dhanny R <dhanker2626 at gmail.com> wrote:

> for the following command u said, no.1, 2, 3, n 4, my result are : "no such file directory"
> but i dont know where i'm miss the configuration, may i know if my step are wrong?

Then you are either not not running a LITMUS^RT kernel, or you something went wrong during bootup and the /proc/litmus entry was not created (but I’ve never seen that fail before). Check your kernel message log for anything related to LITMUS^RT.

In particular, if you *are* running a LITMUS^RT kernel and are *not* seeing a /proc/litmus directory, then you should be able to find the error message from the following lines:

	litmus_dir = proc_mkdir("litmus", NULL);
	if (!litmus_dir) {
		printk(KERN_ERR "Could not allocate LITMUS^RT procfs entry.\n");
		return -ENOMEM;
	}

	Details: https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/blob/master/litmus/litmus_proc.c#L190

> after finish install rt-xen 2.0 with xen 4.5 include, i create 2 guest dom0 with ubuntu linux 3.10.41, for this time, they all okay..
> then i install LITMUS with the configuration preempt :

Are you perhaps accidentally launching the wrong kernels?

> in root:uname -a
> Linux vm1 3.10.41 #2 SMP PREEMPT Sun May 17 23:52:27 WIB 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Are you 100% sure this is actually the kernel with the LITMUS^RT patch applied?

- Björn