[LITMUS^RT] rebasing on top of Linux 4.1

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Mon Jul 6 12:55:15 CEST 2015

> On 28 Jun 2015, at 13:21, Björn Brandenburg <bbb at mpi-sws.org> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> just to let you know, I’ve started the rebasing effort to move LITMUS^RT to Linux 4.1. There has been quite a lot of churn in Linux since 3.10, including some major API changes that affect us, so progress is a bit slow and the rebase is not yet complete. Nonetheless, if you’re curious or want to help out, I’ve pushed my work-in-progress branches to Github.
>
> The branch squashed is equivalent to master, with the few feature commits since the last rebase merged into the patchset:
>
> 	https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/commits/squashed
>
> The branch next is the (still incomplete) rebased version of LITMUS^RT.
>
> 	https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/commits/next
>
> As you can see, there are still ~30 patches missing. I hope to get through the rest in the next week; unfortunately, almost every single match requires manual corrections. Patches & problem reports welcome.

Well, I added a few more patches, but didn’t get through the entire queue yet. The scheduling class interface changed (again), which required a number of fixes to make it compile again. This release will require substantial testing.

This week I’m at ECRTS, so I doubt that I’ll have much time to work on LITMUS^RT.

- Björn