[LITMUS^RT] Question about using QEMU with Litmus

Shuai Zhao zs673 at york.ac.uk
Tue Nov 17 05:26:10 CET 2015

Hi

I am now doing a project that requires a modification of Litmus source. I
want to with QEMU to debug the litmus kernel but encountered an issue.

What I did is download the image from litmus website and compiled the
kernel with the desired kernel configuration. Then I tried to boot up the
kernel by this command:

qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -cpu host -smp 2 -hda
/home/shuai/Desktop/ubuntu.backing.qcow2.img -m 1024 -name "shuai-litmus"
-nographic -kernel "/home/shuai/Desktop/litmus-rt/arch/x86_64/boot/bzImage"
-append "console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda1" -gdb tcp::12345 -net nic -net
user,hostfwd=::2222-:22

However, I cannot boot up the kernel and got the following error message:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on 10.0.0.2:/var/nfs,
       (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
       need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
       dmesg | tail  or so

mountall: mount /var/nfs [383] terminated with status 32
modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/4.1.3/modules.dep: No such
file or directory

modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/4.1.3/modules.dep: No such
file or directory

I wonder what should I do to fix this? I cannot allocate the modules.dep in
the DIR of litmus source.

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
Shuai