[LITMUS^RT] Supported architectures, LITMUS-RT

David Moncada david_moncada at icloud.com
Tue Dec 6 02:40:30 CET 2016

Good afternoon,

Previously I posed a few questions related to power management, how could it be implemented in LITMUS-RT and what would be some of the problems one might run into when doing that.

Following this same line, I would appreciate if you helped me clearing a few more doubts:
- Can you install and run LITMUS-RT in some embedded platform or development board?
- Are there any special requirements for doing so? Storage? RAM?
- Are there some architectures that are supported and some that are not?

What we have in mind is augmenting the already available real-time schedulers in LITMUS-RT with energy-aware features. Then, we'd like to implement this in some dev. board for finally mounting some energy-efficient real-time applications on top.

Basically we'd like to know which system is suited best for LITMUS-RT. We're considering a dev. board with an ARM Cortex A9 quad-core processor, with DVFS and low power modes included. It has support for Linux. Would you consider this HW to be appropriate?

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. Regards!
David Moncada