[LITMUS^RT] Supported architectures, LITMUS-RT

Meng Xu mengxu at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Dec 6 03:59:02 CET 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 9:41 PM, Namhoon Kim <namhoonk at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 8:40 PM, David Moncada <david_moncada at icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> Good afternoon,
>>
>> Previously I posed a few questions related to power management, how could it be implemented in LITMUS-RT and what would be some of the problems one might run into when doing that.
>>
>> Following this same line, I would appreciate if you helped me clearing a few more doubts:
>> - Can you install and run LITMUS-RT in some embedded platform or development board?
>
> Yes, I installed LITMUS-RT on Freescale IMX6 Sabre development board. I used 2015.1 release. You can also install LITMUS-RT patches on Freescale's BSP Linux.

I'm about saying the same thing. :-)
I used the same board for cache-aware scheduling[1] as well.

Basically, you first boot the linux for the board. Then apply the
LITMUS^RT patch.

[1] http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~mengxu/tr/xusharedcache-tr15.pdf

Meng

Meng Xu
PhD Student in Computer and Information Science
University of Pennsylvania
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~mengxu/