[LITMUS^RT] Running LITMUS-RT on ARM64

Andrii Anisov andrii_anisov at epam.com
Wed Aug 23 11:01:49 CEST 2017

Dear All,

I'm running  LITMUS-RT on ARM64 and facing some issues with
feather-trace output.

Within the work of evaluating XEN RTDS scheduler discussed here [1],
I've built a generic ARMv8 yocto image (core-image-full-cmdline) with a
kernel taken from [2], the domu layer which builds a guest system with
liblitmus and feather-trace-tools you can find here [3]. I ran the image
as a guest domain on Salvator-X board setup compiled as described here [3].

In order check feather-trace functionality I run rtspin tasks and trying
to collect traces using st-trace-schedule. The problem is that traces
collected seems to be broken. First of all st-job-stats can not get task
parameters from trace files, than st-draw builds graphs which looks like
a mess. Please see traces collected on a domain with 2 CPUs with
following tasks:

     rtspin -w 5 10 2 &
     rtspin -w 2 10 2 &
     rtspin -w 3 10 2 &
     rtspin -w 2 10 2 &

The console log of the experiment is also attached.

Could you please suggest what is wrong with those traces and clarify if
the stuff (LITMUS^RT and feather-trace-tools) are functional on ARM64?

[1]
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-07/msg00122.html

[2] https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/tree/linux-4.9-litmus

[3] https://github.com/aanisov/meta-domu/tree/litmusrt