[LITMUS^RT] st-job-stats

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Fri Sep 21 11:37:59 CEST 2018

On 20. Sep 2018, at 18:58, Martinez Garcia Jorge Luis (PS-EC/ESB2) <JorgeLuis.MartinezGarcia at de.bosch.com> wrote:

> Your guess seems to be right. The "hole" takes place for all tasks simultaneously. Even dmesg reports " Failed trace writes: 133535 ". What can I do to overcome this issue?

First, ake the trace buffers as large as you can make them, given the amount of system RAM that you have (kernel config).

Second, run the tracer processes on a core that doesn’t host RT tasks (or that has only a light load).

Third, but I wouldn’t really recommend this if the other two option work, make the tracer a real-time process in a reservation itself.

Best,